collapse

Author Topic: $66.00 for a second deer tag  (Read 9641 times)

Offline M_ray

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
  • Running down the Dream!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Clothing Company
Re: $66.00 for a second deer tag
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
boy the price per pound of meat from a deer spotted with a new pair of swaros must be through the roof using this logic 

:laugh:  After diesel and a 17 hr drive to the ranch its like 1k per pound!!!  :laugh:
Life's tough!!! It's even tougher if your stupid!!! ... John Wayne 
      http://www.theclothingcompanyseattle.com

Offline littlebuf

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »
boy the price per pound of meat from a deer spotted with a new pair of swaros must be through the roof using this logic 

:laugh:  After diesel and a 17 hr drive to the ranch its like 1k per pound!!!  :laugh:

my point exactly. hunting stopped being a economical decision a long long time ago. stop putting in for tags you dont want to pay for people. its like the multi season tag, guys put in for it and then all the sudden they draw and theres no way they are paying that much.someone could have drawn that tag that wanted it  :twocents:

wastickslinger

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
$66 for tag
$100 for fuel
$30 for food
$3 ammo(should only need one)
$20 for vac seal bags
$40 for pepperoni sticks

$259- total for 1 day and a doe.
60 lbs cut and wrapped meat= $4.31 per pound

I can buy alot of good burger and tri tips for $4.31/lb

:laugh:

boy the price per pound of meat from a deer spotted with a new pair of swaros must be through the roof using this logic  :shocked:

Mine would be spotted through Leica Geovids. I forgot to add that to the equasion.  :shocked:

I was mostly joking around about the whole price thing.  :tup:

Offline WAcoueshunter

• 4 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Just opened up our home computer to find a Nordstrom webpage showing a pair of $260 women's boots...where do I sign up for a third, fourth and fifth deer tag?   :grin:

Offline huntnphool

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
  • Chance favors the prepared mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »
Just opened up our home computer to find a Nordstrom webpage showing a pair of $260 women's boots...where do I sign up for a third, fourth and fifth deer tag?   :grin:

LMAO, sounds like my house

Offline cleelumbuckhntr

• Booner
  • stupid people piss me off
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 06:21:48 AM »
 :bash: :bash: :bash:. Unreal. 

Offline bobcat

• 4 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
Understood, it is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.  My point was simply that the $66 is not that much when we look at other hunting options.

Agreed  :grin: I don't think its that much either but it is still nearly triple which IMO is gouging plain and simple! My point is that the price we pay to play in our own home state is nearly the cost of a non res tag elsewhere ... that is sad!  :cry:

How is it "nearly the cost of a non res tag elsewhere"???  For a deer and elk tag here it is $82.50.  How much is it for a non-resident deer and elk tag in Montanta? Right at $1000, isn't it?

Offline huntnphool

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
  • Chance favors the prepared mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »
Understood, it is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.  My point was simply that the $66 is not that much when we look at other hunting options.

Agreed  :grin: I don't think its that much either but it is still nearly triple which IMO is gouging plain and simple! My point is that the price we pay to play in our own home state is nearly the cost of a non res tag elsewhere ... that is sad!  :cry:

How is it "nearly the cost of a non res tag elsewhere"???  For a deer and elk tag here it is $82.50.  How much is it for a non-resident deer and elk tag in Montanta? Right at $1000, isn't it?

He is talking about what a resident in a different state would pay for their own in state license.

Offline M_ray

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
    • View Profile
    • The Clothing Company
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »

Bobcat we are not talking about a Deer and Elk tag we are talking about the cost of a doe tag going from 28.50 to 66$ that is nearly a triple increase and you can buy a Oregon non-resident licence for 140.50 ... see my comparison? If you were to buy the same tag in Oregon as a resident it would cost you 24.50! So we pay more to play in our own home state, that is the point. And BTW Montana cost me 537 for a deer tag and comes with fishing, I've almost spent that much to hunt, fish and put in for permits in my home state!!!  :bash:  .
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:36:03 AM by M_ray »

Offline Gamblin Guy

• 3 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »
Non-resident WT doe tags in Montana are $75 and you can buy them over the counter starting in August, no drawing required.  My frustration with WA just continues to increase every year....

Offline M_ray

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
    • View Profile
    • The Clothing Company
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »
Non-resident WT doe tags in Montana are $75 and you can buy them over the counter starting in August, no drawing required.  My frustration with WA just continues to increase every year....
\
This is my point exactly (Bobcat) ...

A Res doe tag in WA $66.00

A Non Res doe tag in MT $75.00

Hmmm  :rolleyes: looks to be "NEARLY" as much as a non resident fee???  At least when you are comparing apples to apples  :grin:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:22:40 AM by M_ray »

Offline jjhunter

• Booner
  • Aim small. Miss small.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
How about spotting a buck with your 12x50 Swarovision, zooming with in your 80 HD, checking the range with your Zeiss RF 10x45, dialing in your Nightforce 5.5-20x50 on top of your custom 300 win mag, chambering a Norma case topped with a 190 Berger, taking the safety off the jewell trigger, applying pressure.......and not shooting, eating your $500 deer tag..... :laugh:

After eating Idaho 45,  Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Alta, and Idaho,  my next deer will have cost me $20K!   :shocked:   Small price to pay for the enjoyment that it has given me!!!

Offline WAcoueshunter

• 4 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Small price to pay for the enjoyment that it has given me!!!

:yeahthat:

...add in a $66 doe tag, and you can eat all those tags and still have venison over the winter. 

Offline bobcat

• 4 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
\
This is my point exactly (Bobcat) ...

A Res doe tag in WA $66.00

A Non Res doe tag in MT $75.00

Hmmm  :rolleyes: looks to be "NEARLY" as much as a non resident fee???  At least when you are comparing apples to apples  :grin:

I understand what you're saying, but try adding in $500 for fuel to Montana and back. It seems much cheaper to stay home and kill doe than driving all the way to Montana.

I do agree that $66 is high. But then, a person isn't forced into buying a second deer tag. It's an option. You can still go deer hunting without it. The nice thing about the increase in price, from my perspective, is that it will be easier to draw, and when my kids are old enough to hunt in a few more years, I will be putting them in for it. The 2nd doe tag is only $22 for kids.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:41:41 PM by bobcat »

Offline M_ray

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
    • View Profile
    • The Clothing Company
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Me and another member had a bet you would bring up the fuel issue.  :rolleyes: And btw we are not talking about fuel here either but since you did would you be happy to look at the pump tomorrow and see $12 bucks a gallon? Look I'm not saying I can't afford it and I understand increases to cover the cost of doing business. But you are happy with a three fold increase? How bout if that $82.50 deer and elk tag you brought up turns into 247.50 next year will you still be happy? I'll win another bet right now and say you will be one of the first starting a thread calling it bs!!!

It's starting to feel like our game dept wants to squeeze out some hunters sort of like they don't care if we hunt ... after all they need to save some food for their wolves. Am I the only one that gets this feeling?

* Site Sponsors

* Random Pics

3x2 (1 of 1)

Views: 549
Posted by: Michael
in: Deer

* Donations

We are now accepting Donations for Maintenance costs through PayPal.

* Recent Topics

November P.O.M. Contest!!! by Dennis Kirkland
[November 25, 2020, 09:20:06 PM]

A Buck A Day... by Dennis Kirkland
[November 24, 2020, 08:02:50 PM]

Trophy Bull by Dennis Kirkland
[November 17, 2020, 04:03:38 AM]

October P.O.M. Winner Announced!!! by Michael
[November 07, 2020, 03:44:14 PM]

October P.O.M. Contest!!! by Michael
[October 30, 2020, 02:19:24 PM]

September P.O.M. Winner Announced!!! by Michael
[October 06, 2020, 06:28:37 AM]

September P.O.M. Contest (VOTE) by Michael
[October 01, 2020, 06:25:37 AM]

September P.O.M. Contest!!! by Dennis Kirkland
[September 28, 2020, 09:31:59 PM]

Hunter fatally mauled by grizzly bear in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park by Michael
[September 23, 2020, 12:14:49 PM]

August P.O.M. Contest Winner Anounced!!! by TerryWSmith
[September 09, 2020, 08:09:50 PM]

Possible new Arizona State Record Elk!!! by Michael
[September 01, 2020, 06:01:54 PM]

Oregon Hunter Killed by an Elk by Michael
[September 01, 2020, 05:33:05 PM]

August P.O.M Contest (VOTE) by Michael
[September 01, 2020, 07:03:49 AM]

August P.O.M. Contest!!! by Dennis Kirkland
[August 19, 2020, 09:22:13 PM]

July P.O.M. Contest Winner Announced!!! by Dennis Kirkland