collapse

Poll

A boycott of Colorado by hunters and gun owners has been suggested due to the state's new gun laws

YES, My money goes elsewhere
13 (76.5%)
NO, Ignore the gun rights issue, apply for tags and go hunt
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 05, 2013, 06:49:12 AM

Author Topic: UPDATE: Sheriffs sue to overturn COLO gun laws!!!  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Dave Workman

• 3 pt
    • View Profile
UPDATE: Sheriffs sue to overturn COLO gun laws!!!
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »

Colo. sheriffs sue to overturn new state gun, magazine limit laws

This morning in Denver, 54 Colorado sheriffs and other plaintiffs including disabled gun owners, will file a federal civil rights lawsuit against the Centennial State’s new laws affecting sales and temporary transfer of firearms, and placing limits on magazine capacity.

http://www.examiner.com/article/colo-sheriffs-sue-to-overturn-new-state-gun-magazine-limit-laws

Declaring economic war on Colorado

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - "buh bye"

The gun rights community has taken the adage “money talks and B.S. walks” and reversed it when discussing Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s signing yesterday of anti-gun legislation, and are now saying that their money walks, and Tom Gresham, host of the nationally-broadcast “Gun Talk” yesterday took a step right behind Magpul Industries.

http://www.examiner.com/article/declaring-economic-war-on-colorado?cid=db_articles

:yeahthat:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:52:34 AM by Dave Workman »

Offline huntnphool

• Global Moderator
  • Booner
  • Chance favors the prepared mind.
    • View Profile
Re: BOYCOTT COLORADO battle cry...hunt elsewhere says Gresham
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
 :tup:

Offline Dave Workman

• 3 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »
ASTONISHING!

There are four pages worth of comments over on the other site, and nobody here seems interested enough to weigh in?

:bash:

Evidently everyone agrees with Gresham to send COLORADO a financial message of protest.

Offline littlebuf

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »
it does no good. they don't give a rats ass about money, they print it when they want it. valiant yes but in the end it will be fruitless. and no I don't know what the answer is to this radical power grab. I suspect it doesn't end well, but I am positive there is zero financial motivation on there part

Offline whacker1

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »
Dave, not that we don't want to weigh in, or at least me personally, but rather work behind the scenes to notify our local legislators, and chamber of commerce folks that companies like MagPul are looking for new homes.  While I don't think it will be Spokane, or Washington in General, somerwhere in Idaho is extremely realistic.

I think it is fantastic, and look forward to seeing a running list of companies that are moving out of the state.

Offline littlebuf

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »
that really wont have any effect either unfortunately. if liberals cred about the economic repercussions of there actions and legislature California would have changed its political climate decades ago. again its agenda driven. reasonable thought process never comes into play.  these are the same type people who believed eugenics was the answer in the early part of the last century. and mark my words they will travel down that road again. Al Gore is already talking about how we can genetically alter the human being to eliminate the worlds problems. you think economics means shit to them? the only hope is a mass awakening to whats going on, but the general public is im afraid a lost cause. I hope im wrong. back to the tree house...

Offline whacker1

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »
Dave, are you collecting a list of Colorado companies that are interested in leaving Colorado.  If so, the Spokane chamber is reaching out to MagPul, and would love to see other opportunities if you are willing to share them.  I would be willing to be they end up in North Idaho I they are interested in the Spokane area, but I would rather have them in North Idaho vs not having them in the area.

Offline Dave Workman

• 3 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:51:05 AM »
Dave, are you collecting a list of Colorado companies that are interested in leaving Colorado.  If so, the Spokane chamber is reaching out to MagPul, and would love to see other opportunities if you are willing to share them.  I would be willing to be they end up in North Idaho I they are interested in the Spokane area, but I would rather have them in North Idaho vs not having them in the area.

No, I am noit personally collecting or assembling such a list, but I understand others are working on that.

I'm merely a reporter, not the chamber of commerce.
 :grin:

Offline littlebuf

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »

No, I am noit personally collecting or assembling such a list, but I understand others are working on that.

I'm merely a reporter, not the chamber of commerce.
 :grin:

interesting that you call out the entire forum for not responding to this topic and then when we do this is the post you reply too...

Offline Dave Workman

• 3 pt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »

interesting that you call out the entire forum for not responding to this topic and then when we do this is the post you reply too...

Nothing at all interesting about that.  Adding the poll was something I should have done the other day, but got sidetracked and simply forgot about it.  My bad. 

What IS interesting is that, like a few other states, folks here are keen on inviting Magpul to Washington. They'd be a good fit, especially in Spokane, Moses Lake, Wenatchee, the Tri-Cities; any place with good transportation access, a ready-made employment base, probably room for expansion.

As whacker1 said, they could end up in Northern Idaho. That's where Buck Knife moved to some years ago, in Post Falls.

Offline whacker1

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »

Nothing at all interesting about that.  Adding the poll was something I should have done the other day, but got sidetracked and simply forgot about it.  My bad. 

What IS interesting is that, like a few other states, folks here are keen on inviting Magpul to Washington. They'd be a good fit, especially in Spokane, Moses Lake, Wenatchee, the Tri-Cities; any place with good transportation access, a ready-made employment base, probably room for expansion.

As whacker1 said, they could end up in Northern Idaho. That's where Buck Knife moved to some years ago, in Post Falls.

As well as Cabelas....Both of which looked at Spokane.  Cabelas chose N. Idaho for 4 primary reasons: 1)Idaho was willing to give them / the development a freeway interchange vs. Washington wanting the developer to pay for that.  2) B & O Tax in WA
3) I believe the third was Property tax incentives given by Idaho and 4) workers compensation and unemployment insurance.

I may have gotten some of those in the wrong order as it has been several years since being involved with that developer, but those are what I recall as the major sticking points

Offline littlebuf

• Booner
    • View Profile
Re: POLL ADDED! BOYCOTT COLORADO battle cry...hunt elsewhere says Gresham
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
is it still ok to hunt there with a bow?  :hello:

Offline Justin

• Booner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
I don't agree with their laws but I still plan to hunt elk there this year with my dad and brother. I know a spot there where we can get on some bulls and I don't have the time to scout another state so as much as I don't want to give them my money, the trip with my dad and brother is more important to me.

Plus if I only hunted in states where I agreed with all their laws, I wouldn't have anywhere to hunt.  :bash:
Kryptek field tester

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Booner
    • View Profile
    • https://albinovest.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Boycott Colorado period!!!  :angry:

* Site Sponsors

* Random Pics

bird

Views: 52
Posted by: huntnphool
in: Huntnphool

* Donations

We are now accepting Donations for Maintenance costs through PayPal.

* Recent Topics

Alpine Addicts by Brushbuster
[Today at 05:16:50 PM]

6th Annual Heads and Horns Competition by 6x6 Bull Elk
[Today at 12:39:28 PM]

October P.O.M. Contest by Dennis Kirkland
[Today at 11:30:49 AM]

Captain America Chopper sell's!!! by Michael
[Today at 09:54:41 AM]

Former Bellevue Counsel Woman caught stealing I-591 campaign signs? by Michael
[Today at 08:03:01 AM]

Antler Addiction by CreekWalker